Each week I’m picking the Top 25 college football games and an occasional non-Top 25 game worth picking (Exhibit A: Army-Navy).
The leaves are changing, fall break is past, and snow is coming any day now. Translation: this is the heart of the college football schedule. Week 8 was a mix of lopsided wins and close calls for a few top-ranked teams.
- Good pick: K-State over Oklahoma. Well done, Coach Snyder. You are a Sooner whisperer.
- Bad pick: Wow, Texas A&M. You went from sexy upset pick to the punchline of $EC lore. Way to “Aggie” it up.
- Predictions record after Week 8: 117-28 (80.7%, ouch!)
Good games on tap this week, especially Ole Miss v. L$U. On to the Week 9 picks!
Thursday, Oct. 23rd:
- #18 East Carolina over UConn. I didn’t get the chance to post this before last night’s game, but I told Kara yesterday afternoon that I was picking East Carolina.
Friday, Oct. 24th:
- #8 Oregon over California. Not even close.
Saturday, Oct. 25th:
- #1 Mississippi State over a surprisingly good Kentucky team. If the Wildcats can string together four quarters, this might actually be a competitive game.
- #24 L$U upsets #3 Ole Miss. Night game in Death Valley. G’night, Alice.
- #4 Alabama over Tennessee.
- #5 Auburn goes ahhh-burrnnnn over South Carolina. Tigers by two TDs.
- #8 Michigan State beats up Little Brother. Sparta by 20+.
- #10 TCU over Texas Tech.
- #11 K-State over Texa$.
- #13 Ohio over Penn State
- #14 Arizona State over Washington.
- #15 Arizona over Washington State. I think I just saw double typing those two lines. Sounds like the state of Washington is having a rough year in football. I’m looking at you, Seahawks.
- #16 Nebraska beats Rutgers by double-digits.
- #20 U$C over #19 Utah.
- #21 Clemson over Syracuse. More like Sorry-excuse.
- Oklahoma State over #22 West Virginia.
- #23 Marshall (WE ARE MARSHALL!) over whoever they’re playing.
- #25 U-C-L-A (Fight! Fight! Fight!) wins a laugher over Colorado. Bruins beat the Puffaloes by 20+.